Tuesday 5 June 2012

*DIY* Hand & Foot Scrub

I felt a bit adventurous and tried making my own hand and foot scrub. To my surprise it turned out really well. Here's how!

Ingredients:
Honey - Great moisturising properties.
Brown/White Sugar - Perfect for exfoliating. (Brown sugar is softer)
Olive oil - Contains essential fatty acids that dry skin needs. Source
Lemon juice - Brightens up and softens your skin. Source

Method:
With DIY scrubs, its entirely up to you when it comes to the measurements of each ingredient. If you want a lighter scrub, add smaller amounts of the sugar and if you'd like your scrub to be more moisturising, add more honey and olive oil.
All you need to do, is add the four ingredients together. It might be easier to mix if you warm the honey in the microwave for a few seconds. You only need to add 2-3 drop of lemon juice as using too much will irritate your skin.

The Honey I used was a little crystalised which added extra exfoliating bits. You can add other oils like Avocado oil instead of the olive oil. Another thing that can make your scrub a bit more personalised is by adding extracts such as Vanilla, Lavender, Ginger or even Citrus to give it a yummy scent.

You can search for Other recipes that include different ingredients that can be good for your skin.

Transfer your hand and foot scrub into a container that makes the scrub easy to access (A tub/jar would be perfect). I used an empty body butter tub.


Homemade scrubs make great gifts. Put your scrub in a pretty jar, add a bow and label, and you'll have a personalised gift for a special friend or family member.
All images from Google
I hope this post was helpful. Let me know if you try it out and send me pictures so I can post them on my blog ;)

Enjoy your day!

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here :)