Tuesday 13 November 2012

In my sample basket: Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

This week I took the time out to enjoy Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E which I use as a hand and elbow lotion.

"Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body Lotion, made with pure Cocoa Butter, enriched with Vitamin E, in a soothing emollient base, heals and softens rough, dry skin, smoothes marks and tones skin. An excellent all-over-the-body moisturizer and after tanning butter. Also available in a fragrance free formula." Source

For some reason I thought this was a South African manufactured product, possibly because of it's "cheaper" packaging but it is actually manufactured in the USA. *FYI*

What I loved

My number one love is the scent! It smells just like when you bake a chocolate cake and me being an avid baker, I just cant stop sniffing myself after applying this lotion. It really moisturises my skin and I can see the benefits of the vitamin E because my skin looks luscious and is a lot plumper. 

It also claims to help sooth marks which, I assume means scars and other pigmentation but I haven't really applied it to any problem areas so I will have to test that another time.

I love the consistency of the lotion. It isn't watery but it isn't too thick which makes it the perfect lotion for both Winter and Summer. 

What I disliked

This specific product from Palmer's does contain parabens and with my "paraben research", I am not a huge fan of the ingredient.

I have heard tons of great things about the Cocoa Butter Formula for stretch marks which was specifically designed for pregnant ladies. I am keen to try it out one day for my pregnancy stretch marks or even if I start working out, to tone skin.
Cocoa Butter Formula for Stretch Marks
Overall I think this would be something I could invest in during winter, just because they come in rather large sizes and they are quite affordable.

I think you can get Palmer's at most 'Drug stores' like Clicks, Dischem, Pick'nPay and other Pharmacies. I am not sure about the prices but I do remember them being really affordable.

Have you tried this well known lotion?

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Haven't tried that yet, I'm currently using Palmer's Olive butter formula. I'm loving the smell and the way it feels on my skin. Also their travel size products are amazing to pop into your handbag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was eye-ing out their Olive butter range online. Looks great. Travel sizes are my weakness. I have an entire collection in my bathroom but never use them because I have to save them for when I travel...I never travel :(

      Delete
    2. I feel your pain... but when you do start traveling, Cape Town better be first on your list!

      Delete

Comment Here :)