Tuesday 18 December 2012

Poppy wallpaper nail art design

I feel like I haven't done a nail art post in a while. Lately, I have been spending a lot of time on Twitter and Instagram and you might have seen me posting about this design. Now that I'm back I have decided to show you were I got the idea from and how easy it is to do yourself.

My Poppy nail art
Watch the tutorial below, from Cajanails on Youtube. She is one of my favourite nail art guru's that I followed before I even started blogging. In a way, she was one of my inspirations :)

 
I saw this video on her channel and thought it would look amazing with O.P.I's "Fly" so I gave it a try.

 Tips and tricks

*I used 2 coats of O.P.I's "Fly" as my base colour and used acrylic paints to create the flowers.
*Acrylic paints are easier to manipulate becasue thaey aren't sticky like normal nail polishes and they dry quicker that normal nail polishes. 
*I used my special nail art brush set which I ordered from the USA but you can find nail art brushes at nail salons and some pharmacies.
*With nail art like this, it will take some practice. I suggest taking a piece of paper and practicing the technique before you do it on your nails.

Let me know if you would like me to do my own video tutorial for this design, showing all the steps properly and going through the tools in depth.

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram to be the first to know of any new designs.

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Wow - amazing. You are so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome!!! Would love to see a youtube vid from you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous! I want your nail art brush, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Ladies! Nail art takes a bit of practice but once you have the basics the rest is simple :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here :)