Wednesday 25 April 2012

Get your Balm Balm on!

I recently attended a mini launch for Balm Balm and Spiezia this past weekend and I couldn't wait to share it with you. For this post i will just be covering the Balm Balm products and will do a post on Spiezia at a later stage. Lets get to it!



Balm Balm is a UK based company that produces and sells 100% Natural and 100% Organic Skincare products in select countries around the world.

Balm Balm has 4 Ranges:

Green - Fragrance free. Perfect for sensitive skin, babies and people who suffer from eczema
Pink - Rose Geranium. Great moisturizing properties.
Blue - Tea Tree. Great for sore muscles or injuries as well as oily skin (Brings your skin to balance).
Yellow - Facial Range. All the goodness your face needs!

All their products are verified by the Soil Association - meaning that all their suppliers' soil is tested and there are no traces of chemical fertilizers used in the soil to grow the ingredients used in the Balms.

Balm Balm do not believe in, or have ingredients that have been tested on animals. Their product range is certified as such by the BUAV and endorsed by Naturewatch. The same goes for all their suppliers as production of a product always involves a chain of people/companies (Love it!).

Balm Balm only uses recycled packaging. The containers containing your yummy balm balm, as well as the cardboard box, are made of recycled materials. Your balm balm can last up to 6 months when opened and 18 months un-opened. Make sure you don't store it in moist places (like your bathroom) as that will shorten the life span of your balm balm. As balm balm products contain beeswax, they will soften when exposed to heat. For easy application make sure your balm balm is stored in a cool place.

The very kind Susan Rowan (Balm Balm distributor for SA) gave me a few products to try out and tell you lovely ladies about. I received the Rose Geranium Face Balm, Tea Tree Lip Balm (tube) and the Fragrance Free Lip Balm (pot):

Rose Geranium Face Balm
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Calendula Oil, Jojoba Oil, Rose Geranium. 
I love the smell of the therapeutic Rose Geranium! I cant stop putting it on my hands as a moisturizer/hand balm. It soaks into your skin so beautifully and doesn't leave an oily film that gets all over everything you come in contact with. The skin on my hands looks so 'plump' and healthy. Love it!
Just a note: It is incredibly difficult to grow organic roses because tiny little bugs and parasites get into the rose petals and start eating away and you cant use pesticide to get rid of them. 

Tea Tree Lip Balm
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Calendula Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree. 
The Tea Tree tube lip balm's consistency is a bit thinner than the face balm but works just as well! Unfortunately my boyfriend does not like the smell so i'm only permitted to apply it to my feet. This has worked wonders for my feet. I apply the balm just after showering/bathing at night and then put a pair of socks on so the balm can soak into my skin. In the mornings my feet are incredibly soft and feel amazing! 

FYI: "Tea Tree is well known for being antibacterial and antiviral. Nothing could be better than dabbing a little tea tree lip balm onto cuts, grazes, stings, spots or sold sores."

Fragrance Free Lip Balm
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Calendula Oil, Jojoba Oil. 
This balm is a bit difficult to get out the little pot because it is quite hard. I haven't used this balm as much as the other two above but i'm dying to try out this tip from the Balm Balm (UK) website:
"ADD A LITTLE 'SOMETHING' TO YOUR BALM BALM
If you would like to add a little flavour to your Fragrance Free Lip Balm, try this…….. Remove Balm Balm lid and place jar in microwave for 60 seconds or until melted through. Add just one drop of your favourite essential oil or food flavouring. Stir with the end of a teaspoon. Put lid back on and place in the fridge to re set."
I think this is such a great idea because you can customize it to your favourite flavour/scent but still have all the amazing organic and moisturizing properties to give your skin the care it deserves!

My overall opinion about Balm Balm
I'm really loving the organic and natural route because my skin really 'agrees' with it. I have had no allergic reactions or skin irritations, my skin looks really healthy and I cant stop putting it on! Every product has so many different uses that its impossible not to want to put it everywhere! I'm so glad i was introduced to Balm Balm and encourage all you lovely ladies to purchase your own products. You wont be disappointed!

If you would like to order you own Balm Balm products or have any questions, you can contact Susan on 083 296 9966 or email her at susan@lovegreen.co.za.

All the Social network gadgets:
Balm Balm on Facebook
Balm Balm on Twitter
Balm Balm Website (UK)
Balm Balm Website (SA)

I hope you enjoyed this post. You are welcome follow me on twitter@MsClairaBella and like my Facebook Page. You can find all the pictures from the launch onto my Facebook page.
Don't forget to subscribe by email (Top right hand side of this page) to make sure you don't miss out on more enlightening posts in the future.

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful post :) I love the images that you put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I read your Wishing Wednesday post. I'm also dying to try the Facial Range :)

      Delete
  2. I saw Balm Balm raving about your review on Twitter :) This post deserves all the praise it is getting! I had a good chuckle yesterday when I saw that we both had Balm Balm posts planned for today :) Have a great day! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here :)