Wednesday 22 August 2012

In my sample basket - Elizabeth Arden

I cannot resist picking up free samples whenever I see any, but my problem is, I seldomly actually use/sample them. Ridiculous, I know! So to get my ass motivated and try my sample goodies out (that I have very carefully dumped into a basket), I am going to start a new section/category called "In my sample basket". I will take one sample out every week, test it out and comment on what I thought and if I would buy the full size.
My Sample Basket
To crack this new category off with a bang, I will start with my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour sun defense for face, SPF 50 Sunscreen PA+++, sample.
My 15g sample

I am quite a fan of the few Elizabeth Arden products that I have. I wish I could have tons more but their prices are just not compatible with my almost-non-existent monthly beauty budget. Lets see if this product gives me the temptation to splurge.

What it does:

 "Think of everything you love about our legendary Eight Hour® Cream Skin Protectant. Now add in powerful sun protection with SPF 50." Source
It is a lightweight, oil-free SPF 50 lotion, hydrates your skin for up to 8 hours and helps shield your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays that can cause sunburn, surface skin cell damage and premature signs of aging. Suitable for all skin types, PABA-free and even has the Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Approval.

The lotion

What I loved

It's super lightweight on the skin. It really isn't like regular sunscreen, that makes you sweat because it's so thick and your skin can't breathe. It also absorbs into the skin fast. I put it on, wait 3min and I can immediately put my makeup over the lotion. The last thing, I love that it doesn't have the scent of your typical sunscreen. 

My dislikes

No dislikes whatsoever :)

Full size RSP R185.00
Our beauty relationship will probably carry on in the near future. I was expecting to feel like I was on the beach with sweaty skin, smelling of lotion and having white streaks on my face where the sunscreen doesn't want to absorb. I was pleasantly surprised that all my expectations were trashed and replaced with great results.
It's such a brilliant product to use every day, knowing you'll have a high UV protection as well as the amazing benefits of the 8 hour skin protectant, is something all ladies yearn for when we live in the African sun and harsh climate.

To locate your nearest Elizabeth Arden stockist, visit their website here.

Who has the full size of this product? Have you been using it?
Till next week! TTFN

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I also love Elizabeth Arden product and this sunscreen is what I carry around in my handbag. I bought the full sized product when Woolies was having a 10% off beauty sale - if you have a store card then you get an extra 10% off so it brought the price down nicely :) And I also time the purchasing of my products to coincide with the free gifts :D Then you get makeup, perfumes and skin care products.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here :)