Monday 3 June 2013

My every day cosmetics

I have a system in place to make my mornings less stressful and enables me to get ready for work pretty quickly. I have a box which houses all my essential cosmetics that I wear everyday. That way I can just haul my box out and apply my makeup without having to search for items that get lost in a big collection in unorganized storage.

My essentials box (excuse the dirty fingerprint marks)
Seeing as I use these products every day you can consider them in my 'favourites' category. Here they are starting with my base/clear canvas.

I'm not a huge fan of foundations so I only use BB creams and tinted moisturisers unless it's a special occasion. I am still madly in love with Essence's stay all day concealer! I use it for the dark bags under my eyes and as an eye primer.
Essence's My Skin tinted moisuriser, Ponds flawless radiance BB cream, Essence's All-in-one BB cream and Essence's stay all day concealer.
Next are my shading/colouring cosmetics. I like wearing a simple face so I don't really go crazy with bright blushes and crazy contouring. I use Physicians Formula's mineral glow pearls (2P translucent Pearl) to add a bit of shine to my dry winter skin, Gosh's Multicolour Blush (51 Bronze Pie) for a teeny bit of cheekbone contouring and Catrice's cream blush stick (C02 birds of paradise) for rosy cheeks and I set it with Yardley's Stayfast Velvet blush in 'Cashmere'.

Physicians Formula mineral pearls, Catrice's Cream blush stick, Gosh's Multicolour blush, Yardley's stayfast velvet blush.
Lastly I do my eyes! I use Gosh's brow kit to define my brow shape and set them in place. For my eyesahdow, I have been using NYX's Jazz Night 10 colour eye shadow palette because it has some great winter shades. I highlight with Gosh's smokey eyes palette (just the white) and I finish off by curling my lashes and applying mascara. I vary between Rimmel's Scandal eyes mascara, Rimmel's brand new lash accelerator endless mascara and Yardley's Luscious lush lashes mascara, all depending on my mood.

Gosh's Eyebrow Kit, Gosh's Smokey eye palette, Rimmel's Lash accelerator endless mascara, Rimmel's Scandal eyes mascara, Yardley's Luscious lush lashes mascara, NYX's Jazz nights eye shadow palette.
These seem to be my winter staple cosmetics so I will do an update in spring. Let me know if you like these collection type of blog posts and I'll start doing more :)

Feel free to click on the links I have provided above. They go to the reviews for each product!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here :)